Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Story.

Just over  years ago I got diagnosed with MODY diabetes. It sucked. A lot. But, things have gotten a lot better. As far as medication goes I have been on everything in the book. Not to mention the fact that I tried every dosage of said medications. Four different pills then insulin. But first the pen, now I am finally on a pump. I love my pump. I have the T-slim touch screen pump.

The one thing I could never have survived with out is a support system. My family and friends are the most supportive people in the world. My mom has type one and she has been there through everything. The first few months I spent every night crying my self to sleep. and she sat with me and cried with me. talk about mother daughter bonding. she taught me all the tricks of the trade. She has gone to (almost) every drs appointment. When I got my pump she helped my with everything. She drives me crazy but I love her and she has been the most supportive person in my life.

The main other supportive person in my life is by boy friend. When I first got to college trying to balance eating right and school work and checking my blood sugar and everything else was crazy! Then about two weeks in i met this amazing guy who, upon finding out I have diabetes made it his mission to make me feel beautiful and help me handle college life. He has been the center of my college support system. 

Diabetes sucks. I'm dealing with it. I'm dealing with life. I do think the best thing anyone can do is find a wonderful support system of those who love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment